Drop Down after selection becomes blank

ReventonKing

Hello,

I have a drop down button in my excel file. When I use it, and select an item in the list, although the item gets selected and my formulas work, the drop down button itself becomes blank, not displaying the chosen item.

Thank you for your help!

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Is this a data validation drop down box? Are there any issues with formatting like text being displayed the same color as the background? It doesn't sound like this is a combo box but when you say button. Is there any code being ran in this book on events like Cell changes? Could this be a permissions issue? If any of these ideas help good if not please send more info, hope that helps.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I'm not the the person who originally created this file. It was sent to me to modify it heavily. Due to this and my lack of overall exp I don't know whether this is a combo box or not, but my guess is that it is.

The button is on Sheet1 and the Input range, and Cell link are on Sheet2. A macro is also assigned to the button. When an item is selected Sheet2 is resorted, and in the original input range only the chosen value will remain. This makes the chosen value change place as it goes several cells up, and all the other options disappear. Therein lies the problem I think.

I have all in all 8 dropdowns that function the same way.

Upvote 0
I should have asked you if these changes are made in an actual cell or something "Floating" over your document. If it is not in a cell you should be able to put the document into Design Mode and right click on it and click view code. if some of these guys here (Smarter than myself) could see it they might be able to either help you or at least get you a fix that is passable.

Upvote 0
I should have asked you if these changes are made in an actual cell or something "Floating" over your document. If it is not in a cell you should be able to put the document into Design Mode and right click on it and click view code. if some of these guys here (Smarter than myself) could see it they might be able to either help you or at least get you a fix that is passable.

correct

ActiveX ComboBox retain the value selected on their view until another value is selected from the dropdown. that value become invisible if HideSelection is toggled in their properties.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sphere2215

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back