Editing of separate Table, which determines Value in originally selected cell

penzed

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone!

I want to apologize in advance if my language is not the most correct or if I am unable to explain what I wish to do in the best way, as I am a beginner at using Excel.

I have attempted many google searches using different wording but unfortunately without success.

Here is a rough explanation of what I wish to do:
  1. Select a cell;
  2. This cell is linked to a separate table that, after data input, results in Average;
  3. Average then displays on originally selected cell;
  4. Repeat this for desired number of cells.

To make this clearer, here is a visual guide:

1691794589062.png

I know I could do this by creating a separate table for each cell in a different sheet and have each of those little tables' Average display back in the main sheet, but I wanted to push myself out of my comfort zone with this project. I would love to be able to execute this only having ONE "Rating" table.

My friend mentioned this could be done using Visual Basic and I have now started looking at beginner's guides but I would love to know your opinions. I'm open to alternative ways to achieve this or something similar.

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
It appears to me that you have a rating set of data for each track on an album. Why not just add these columns to the right of the album tracks (including your average)?

You could do a VBA pop-up form to edit your rating entries and calculate the avg, but store it all in one Excel record (row).

Upvote 0
Solution
It appears to me that you have a rating set of data for each track on an album. Why not just add these columns to the right of the album tracks (including your average)?

You could do a VBA pop-up form to edit your rating entries and calculate the avg, but store it all in one Excel record (row).

That's a very good suggestion actually! Those columns could be easily hidden after the song has been rated.

Thank you very much 😄

Upvote 0
That's a very good suggestion actually! Those columns could be easily hidden after the song has been rated.

Thank you very much 😄
Here is a pop-up dialog box idea for your track ratings. It is just an idea. My thinking was (via VBA code) link the 6 TextBoxes on the form to the track you are rating with them linked to the row and Columns of the track.
1691841639129.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back