Equipment Schedule

crburke92

Board Regular
I've been looking at a few different ways of doing this, hoping someone could possibly shed some light on what may be the easiest way. I'm trying to build a schedule for my offices equipment that goes out into the field (We have about 70 or so pieces of gear to log). Gear to be listed down the rows, dates to be the columns.

Sheet1 to be the schedule
Sheet2 to be a form you fill in

So sheet2, someone fills in the blanks. Gear to be used(dropdowns maybe, to make the reference to sheet1 easier?) start and end dates, and then maybe some text that fills in for a job number or comments. When a button is pushed, it finds the intersect point on sheet1 between the selected dates and the gear used, highlights the cells and inserts the comments into the first cell, then clears the information filled in on sheet2 so it can be filled in again.

Not sure if there's an easier way to do this through formatting or VBA, any help is much appreciated :)

Holy man.. I see what you did there, way tidier than how I had started it. That works great mumps, thanks for doing that!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
I forgot the part that clear Sheet2 data. Put this line of code at the end of the macro:
Code:
Range("B7:G11").ClearContents
right below
Code:
Next rng

Upvote 0
Haha funny you mentioned that, Already put that part in, as well as changed to color index to a cell reference, to allow for different colors based on the person taking the gear ;)

Thanks again!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
againofsoul

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back