Excel 2003 - Count if multiple criteria

grip88

I need to work out the number of records in my spreadsheet that are within the past x no of days in column L AND have either "Phone" in column F or "Visit" in column E.

These values are displayed on a hidden sheet before being shown in a label on a vb form.

I am able to work out the total number of records within the past date range using =COUNTIF(A:A,">" & TODAY()-28) but am unable to combine the two.

Each day the number of records increases.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Try:

=SUMPRODUCT(($L$1:$L$100>TODAY()-28)*((($F$1:$F$100="Phone")+($E$1:$E$100="Visit"))>0))

adjusting ranges to suit. (note that you cannot use entire column references with a SUMPRODUCT formula in 2003.)

Upvote 0
Try:

=SUMPRODUCT(($L$1:$L$100>TODAY()-28)*((($F$1:$F$100="Phone")+($E$1:$E$100="Visit"))>0))

adjusting ranges to suit. (note that you cannot use entire column references with a SUMPRODUCT formula in 2003.)

Upvote 0
Thanks for your response.

It is giving me values greater than the number of rows in a given number of days. The spreadsheet is used across excel 2000/2003, would this affect the formula used?

Upvote 0
No it shouldn't do. Can you give a specific example, and just confirm the actual formula as you have entered it (i.e copy and paste it here)

Upvote 0
Column E "Visit" or blank
Column F "Phone or blank.
Both columns cannot have text in.

Column L is a time and date stamp of when text entered.

The values i need are:
past day: no of visits
past day: no of calls

past 7days: no of calls
past 7days: no of visits

past 24 hours: no of calls
past 24 hours: no of visits

I entered your formula but got 0 as a result when there are a total of 12 records.
=SUMPRODUCT((($L$1:$L$10000>TODAY()-7)*(($E$1:$E$10000="Visit")+($F$1:$F$10000="Phone"))>0))

Is it possible to attach files on here?

Upvote 0
Formula should be:

=SUMPRODUCT(($L$1:$L$10000>TODAY()-7)*((($E$1:$E$10000="Visit")+($F$1:$F$10000="Phone"))>0))

Upvote 0
That is giving a result of 47 for a total of 12 rows, 7 are visits and 5 are phone calls.

Should there not be 2 formulae? one in one cell showing no of visits in past 7 days and another to show phone calls?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Sorry, I thought you wanted a total for either visits or calls. You want:

=SUMPRODUCT(($L$1:$L$10000>TODAY()-7)*($E$1:$E$10000="Visit"))
=SUMPRODUCT(($L$1:$L$10000>TODAY()-7)*($F$1:$F$10000="Phone"))

if you want each separately. Note also that that will include any dates in the future - not sure if that will be an issue.

Upvote 0
Thanks, just tested it on the sheet and it worked, how would i modify it to move the formulae to the hidden sheet and still reference back to the sheet "Daily Records"

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lee_ray

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back