Excel 2007 vba filter problem

porcupine

I am a newbie to posting queries on this forum but please accept my thanks for many past postings to MrExcel which have enabled me to deal with VBA issues.
I have developed an Excel membership database model for a charity.
VBA is used to produce various reports.
Many of the reports require a macro to pre-filter to show, for example, all the members of a single group, or all the members living in a certain street.
This database model is now in operation on four of the charity's computers which use a variety of versions of Office and Windows from 2003 onwards. On all four - no problems!

However, not so on the fifth which uses Windows 7 and Office 2007.
With any of the reports that require VBA pre-filtering, the macro ignores the pre-filter command and proceeds as if the entire database was the result after filtering.

My deduction is that the VBA code is not the problem; it operates fine on four other computers.
Can anyone advise where else I should be looking to overcome this problem?

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
It could be in the VBA code. In Excel 2007 there were some changes to a few specific functions that may not be compatible.

If your macro isn't too long, post it here in it's entirety. If it's very long, try and post only the relevant part up to where it doesn't filter.

Surround your VBA code with code tags e.g.; [CODE]your VBA code here[/CODE]
It makes reading your VBA code much easier.
When you're in the forum editor, highlight your pasted VBA code and then click on the icon with the pound or number sign # (a.k.a. hash, hex, octothorp)

Upvote 0
AlphaFrog
Thank you for your prompt response.
My first reaction was to recheck my code.
However, as two of the four computers running the macros successfully use Excel 2007, the VBA code does not appear to be the issue.
I am wondering if there are some Excel settings which need attention in the fifth computer.

Upvote 0
My only thought is there may be something different with the data on the Bad computer. Maybe you've misspelled a group or criteria you are trying to filter on or maybe the criteria in the data has a trailing space at the end that you don't see. Are you using drop-down lists in the data to pick a category or set some status?

On the Bad computer, did you copy over the entire workbook or did you make a new workbook and paste in just the Filter macros?

Upvote 0
AlphaFrog
The database/model in the Bad computer is an exact copy of the one I am running on my own computer at home [which has no problems with any of the macros].
The macros are exactly the same and the data is exactly the same.

On two different occasions, I have copied the evolving database via a pen drive, from my home computer to the Bad computer.
Each time, I ended up with the same filter problem on the Bad computer.

The Bad computer, with bundled Windows and Office is brand-new and I am wondering about Service Packs, Excel settings etc - an area which unfortunately seems to lie between my expertise and that of the computer supplier [who has not been able to help so far]

Upvote 0
THIS PROBLEM HAS NOW BEEN RESOLVED.
There was an Excel Service Pack that had been missed in the updates.
The database and programmes now all work as they should,
Thanks to AlphaFrog for contribution

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back