Excel 2010 crashes when attempting to use Data Connections to Access

Lt. Krul

I have Excel 2010, with a Worksheet that uses Data Connections (connecting to an Access 2016 Dbase on our Server). it has worked fine for years but recently when I attempt to open the Worksheet, it opens fine IF Data Connections are not enabled. As soon as I enable Data connections (click "Enable Content") immediately Excel crashes with "Microsoft Excel has stopped working", "...trying to recover your information...", and "...Restarting"...and finally "File Error. Data may be have been lost". Then the Repaired Worksheet opens and some of my cells are messed up that were not prior to the crash. NOTE: It works fine opening from a PC which has Excel 2016 on it, but NOT from the machine that has Excel 2010 on it (Windows 7). Again, this is a recent (last couple of weeks) development. I've never had a problem prior. Perhaps I'm missing some DLLs or some other files on me Windows 7 machine?

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Healthydogs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back