EXCEL 365 Random Number Table with no repeats and in Random order

robreich

I have watched the video on how to generate a table of random numbers with no repeats with the each set of 15 numbers in order. I would like to be able to generate a table with totally random numbers with no repeats and in random order. I am trying to reduce the time that it takes for a Charity Function to run a reverse raffle with 500 - 600 numbers. Right now, we do it with a rotating drum and pull out 10 numbers at a time. This takes a long time and I thought maybe I could create a table to mimic the act of pulling the numbers. However, they would have to be completely random in order. We pull 10 at a time and every tenth number receives a gift card. The last four numbers drawn receive cash prizes totaling $1,000 dollars. My Table would be 10 columns wide and as many number of rows needed to accommodate the total number of tickets sold.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Rick, as usual you wrote a nice macro. After writing my version, I considered one where most processing was in the macro, but you still have at least once slick trick in there with the Index I missed.

Bob, I echo what Rick said, I have limited experience with PowerPoint, so I can't help much there, but I think there's probably a way to build it from a macro. Someone else may be able to help. As an alternative, if you're showing the results on an overhead screen, and you can show your Excel session, you could write a macro within Excel that just shows 1 row at a time. Click a button to show the next row. Even put a little drama in it by showing each number with a slight delay after each one.

And as far as GOTO: that's pretty much a bad word these days! Structured coding has largely eliminated it in favor of loops and self-contained modules. While I understand and strive to incorporate that logic in my coding, I still use GOTO occasionally, especially in languages like VBA where it's actually required in places (like the On Error GoTo).

Good luck!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgro123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back