excel custom data valadation with countifs

Alwinaz

Board Regular
Hi there

I posted a thread earlier it looks lik it was wrorking but it now appears not working.

Can you use countifs in custom data valadation my formula that i want to use is =COUNTIFS($B$4:$B$50000,"="&B4,$AO$4:$AO$50000,"="&AO4)=1 Can any body help me?

Re: VBA Validating and timestamp - Runtime error 13 - Type mismatch

Are there any words in column AN?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).

No. It should validate today's date before inserting dd/mm/yyyy hh:ss.

Upvote 0

The problem is that the sumproduct will not be returning a number. Because you have stated with 'Dim Chk as Long' that Chk is a number the code is failing. The only part that could fail I can see if the INT(AN4:AN50000). If words are placed here it will produce a #VALUE error for the INT part and thus the SUMPRODUCT will also equal #VALUE and as that isn't a number you have a type mismatch error.

Upvote 0

Check cell AN4:AN50000 by putting this in a helper cell eg AO4.

=IF(ISBLANK(AN4),"",ISNUMBER(AN4))

Copy down.

Check if any are false.

Upvote 0

i checked. (AN4:AN50000) only contains a blank or (dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm) i even checked with =isnumber() all was true

Upvote 0
i checked. They all contains dates (dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm)
50,000 cells is a lot to check. :)
In a vacant cell on that sheet and NOT in column AN, what does this formula return?

=SUMPRODUCT(--ISTEXT(AN4:AN50000))

Upvote 0
I have merged your two threads asking the same question.
Please do not post the same question multiple times. Questions of a duplicate nature will be locked or deleted, per #9 of the Forum Rules.
The reason is so that we don't have multiple members basically going over the same ground, as has happened here.

Upvote 0
My Apologize<o:p></o:p>. I am experiecing another proble with this vba. It sometime give a the error message that i have already used this claim number on this date when clearly i did not. is there a way that i can cheque where it is picking it up from? I made 100% sure that it was not used for this date. Here is my code for easy referernce.
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
  Dim c As Range, Changed As Range
  Dim Chk As Long

Set Changed = Intersect(Target, Columns("B").Rows("4:50000"))
  If Not Changed Is Nothing Then
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    For Each c In Changed
        If c.Value <> "" Then
            Chk = Evaluate("Sumproduct(--(B4:B50000=" & c.Address & "),--(AN4:AN50000<>""""),--(INT(AN4:AN50000)=" & CLng(Date) & "))")
            If Chk = 0 Then
              c.Offset(0, 38).Value = Format(Now, "dd-mmmm-yyyy h:mm")
            Else
              c.Select
             MsgBox "Claim Number: " & c.Value & " already used for " & Format(Date, "dd-mmmm-yyyy") & vbLf & "It wll be cleared. Amend activity previously captured for this claim. "
              c.ClearContents
            End If
        Else
            c.Offset(0, 38).ClearContents
        End If
    Next c
    Application.EnableEvents = True
  End If
End Sub

Upvote 0
Firstly, what happened about the previous issue (refer post #27)?
Did you find that there was actually one or more text entries in column AN?
If not, can you tell us what the problem was so that we can know for next time an issue like that arises?

It sometime give a the error message that i have already used this claim number on this date when clearly i did not. is there a way that i can cheque where it is picking it up from? I made 100% sure that it was not used for this date.
That could happen if you had originally entered a valid value in column B then subsequently ...

a) Tried to replace that valid entry with another valid entry on the same day, or

b) Tried to enter an invalid value in that same cell on the same day then tried to enter a valid entry on the same day.

See if making these two highlighted changes in the middle part of the code help.

Code:
If Chk = 0 [COLOR="#0000CD"][B]Or (Chk = 1 And Int(c.Offset(0, 38)) = Date)[/B][/COLOR] Then
  c.Offset(0, 38).Value = Format(Now, "dd-mmmm-yyyy h:mm")
Else
  c.Select
  MsgBox "Claim Number: " & c.Value & " already used for " & Format(Date, "dd-mmmm-yyyy") & vbLf & "It wll be cleared. Amend activity previously captured for this claim. "
  c.ClearContents
  [COLOR="#0000CD"][B]c.Offset(0, 38).ClearContents[/B][/COLOR]
End If

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rehanahmadawan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back