4. 2016
  5. 2013
  6. 2011
  7. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
Hello Experts,

I require your assistance in coding an Excel macro. Currently, I am working on a staff roster Excel sheet with two worksheets:

1. On the first worksheet (w1), staff details are listed.

7fdd3053-c401-4c0b-a1cb-e902af4fb3fd.png

2. On the second worksheet (w2), mmm

supervisor details are provided.
f62b396f-00eb-4c12-9e60-6438a7d3ec70.png

In w1, my first criteria involve filtering the A column. If the text cell in column A matches criteria, for example, “stall 3,” “stall 7,” “Stall 11,” I need to categorize these as “Area 1.” If the cell text is “stall 5,” “stall 14,” “stall 2,” they should be categorized as “Area 2.”

Additionally, in w1, starting from column E, there are various shift timing codes, such as XV=DAY, NB=DAY, VI=DAY, XP=NIGHT, DF=NIGHT, VJ=NIGHT, YY=OFF, LV=LEAVE, TR=TRAINING.

My second criteria involve filtering w1 based on these codes. For example, if E column’s 3rd cell contains “XV,” I want to categorize it as “DAY,” and if the 5th cell contains “XP,” I want to categorize it as “NIGHT.”

Now, I want to transfer these results to w2. In w2, shift supervisors’ names and their shift timings (only 2 shifts and 2 supervisors in each area) are provided. There are two supervisors on shift daily in each area. The first supervisor has the DAY shift (XV), and the second supervisor has the NIGHT shift (XP). Each supervisor is responsible for training two staff members on their shift in that particular area.

For example, if the 1st supervisor is “XV” on September 1st, they should train two staff members with the “DAY” shift code in that particular area on that day. To simplify this, I’ve repeated supervisor details twice in w2 in two rows.

My final criteria involve bringing the results from w1 to w2. We can place the results in w2’s F column and 2nd row. Based on the date and area in w2, I want to select random staff details (staff no, name and shift code) from w1 that match with the date and area.
To summarize the third criteria:

1. Match w1’s A column with w2’s E column (apply the second criteria here).

2. Match w1’s shift codes (from September 1st to September 30th) with w2’s A and D columns (apply the second criteria here).

3. Based on this third criteria, paste the relevant Staff No, Staff Name and Shift code into w2’s F column.

4. To ensure that two staff members are assigned to one supervisor, I’ve repeated the supervisor shift details twice in w2.

When bringing the staff no, staff name and shift to w2, I want to ensure uniqueness. Each area staff member should be trained only once. If all staff names are already filled for training once, we can repeat staff names to ensure the supervisor training column is not empty (only if it’s necessary), and I want to match with the date and area.

In essence, I’m seeking a result similar to the demo provided below.
31af5117-d114-4146-b272-39a481cdfdbb.png

I hope this clarifies my requirements. Please assist me in resolving this.

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masterms

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back