Excel Macro Stopped Working

FuzzyTom

Excel 2007

My excel macro suddenly stopped working on a Windows 8.1 professional.

The macro starts and then just continues to run until I stop it.

Even if I "run to cursor" in visual basic the macro seems to be doing nothing and will run until I stop it.

This macro has been working for close to a year now on the Windows 8.1 laptop.

To test the macro, I then made a copy and installed it on my Vista and it runs without any problems.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be or any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue on the Windows 8.1 laptop?

Thanks.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.

hiker95

FuzzyTom,

In order to assist you it would help us if you posted all of your macro code using code tags.

When posting VBA code, please use Code Tags - like this:

[code=rich]

'Paste your code here.

[/code]

FuzzyTom

Thanks for your help, but it turns out that there was a blank field in the data that somehow hung the VBA this time.

Usually it just give me a message but this time it just put the program into a loop.

I have it running just fine now.

Is it possible to remove the question since it was a user error rather than a problem with VBA coding.

hiker95

FuzzyTom,

You are welcome.

Glad that you were able to solve your own request.

And, come back anytime.

My Aswer Is This

Office Version
Platform
Windows
FuzzyTom. On this Forum it's not possible for users to remove post's.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
varunwalla

This Week's Hot Topics

• Timer in VBA - Stop, Start, Pause and Reset
    [CODE=vba][/CODE] Option Explicit Dim CmdStop As Boolean Dim Paused As Boolean Dim Start Dim TimerValue As Date Dim pausedTime As Date Sub...
  • how to updates multiple rows in muliselect listbox
    Hello everyone. I need help with below code. code is only chaning 1st row in mulitiselect list box. i know issue with code...
  • Delete Row from Table
    I am trying to delete a row from a table using VBA using a named range to find what I need to delete. My Range is finding the right cell. In the...
  • Assigning to a variable
    I have a for each block where I want to assign the value in column 5 of the found row to the variable Serv. [CODE=vba] For Each ws In...
  • Way to verify information
    Hi All, I don't know what to call this formula, and therefore can't search. I have a spreadsheet with information I want to reference...
  • Active Cell Address – Inactive Sheet
    How to use VBA to get the cell address of the active cell in an inactive worksheet and then place that cell address in a location on the current...