Excel Organization & Revision Control - add-in, VBA-macro, software, workbook

souzaeq

My friends, I need some help on organizing revisions on excel workbooks. I'm an engineer and I work with commercial models and project evaluation. I have to work on ongoing scopes that changes every day, so my financial analyses give me different numbers each time I change the scope. Some times it's hard to rember what I did in the last analisys becouse it's on going and I dont do a revision control with notes on changing becouse I don't have time to do it organized on my daily basis. There are means (add in, macros-vba, worksheets, softwares) anything that I can use to control and track the revisions I do in a organized and automatic way? I was thinking every time I save use a Macro that brings a window were I can put some log info about the changes that were made.

Another thing I need it's a organized way to save the different files, not just the log what changed. Today I'm using the date and time on the excel file like @23-02-15 - 16h04min.xlm

Another thing to bring to the table, if the solution its a commercial solution it cant be usable only for the user, what I mean, people that I send the file will need to access the information without the application becouse I work on a company that have softwares restrictions and approvals.

Thank you for the help!

Excel Organization & Revision Control - add-in, VBA-macro, software, workbook

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back