Excel Paste Special Problem

Lochnagar

Hi All,

This is a bit of long shot as my question isn't strickly an excel one. Basically, I'm trying to copy and paste a table that I've put together in excel, into word. I'm using paste-special, option - Picture (Enhanced Metafile), which when I use to paste in the table I'm wanting pasted into word, the Font colouring disappears (i.e. it'll only allow either black or white Font). Oddly, however, it will allow different Fill Colours. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening and how I can rectify this problem. Any recommendations/advise will be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Lochnagar

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Hi there, I've tried this, (pasting as enhanced Metafile, Windows metafile & excel object) and all give the correct font colours. If you use bitmap, that should be almost like a screen dump of exactly what you are seing on screen. (This will use more memory though.

I'm using Excel 2003...which may be where the difference is occuring.

Sorry.

Upvote 0
hi Steeviee,

Thanks for the reply. I seem to be no closer to determining why enhanced metafile isn't playing ball, so I've given up, but taken your advise with regards to using bitmaps instead ...which I now seem to prefer.

Thanks again for taking the trouble to reply and for the advise, it's much appreciated.

cheers,
Lochnagar

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Lochnagar,

I've had/have a similar problem with copying as picture and pasting as enhanced metafile. The reason I wanted it is because it looks better on print. My problem is that when I paste only one-third of the picture is actually pasted. I have 9 graphs with a heading that I want to copy and only the 3 graphs to the left will be pasted. However, this time I really think I found a workaround. I just copy as picture and paste as enhanced metafile in Excel. I then use Ctrl-X to cut the picture and paste it again in word as enhanced metafile. At least that works today...

Upvote 0
Hi robban,

I use exactly the same trick for e-mails...you can use Excel for almost everything...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralemanygarcia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back