Excel Randomly going to wrong folder for templates (File New)

HBGirl

Just set up a new computer, Windows 10 64 bit. Office 2016. As soon as I installed Office I did a registry edits as told years ago by either Mr Excel or Leo Leporte (can't remember) to allow my templates to show up how I want. That edit is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\office\16.0\excel\options then set DWORD: officestartdefaulttab to a 1.
My templates are stored in the proper folder and Options/ Save ponts to that folder C:\Users\username\appdata\roaming\microsoft\templates\. Everthing works as expected for a short while. My pinned templates are at the top. Up at the top it has a two tabs, one says Office and one Personal. As long as I'm set to Personal I see all my templates when I hit File New. But after a while (it could be based on time or on how many times I hit 'File / New') those two options disappear and the only templates that show up are the office ones and in Spanish but my pinned ones are still at the top. If I close out excel and start over it works fine again. #1 is what I want/expect and #2 is what happens after a short time. Does anyone have a suggestion for how to fix this?

Attachments

• #1.JPG
    #1.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 9
  • #2.JPG
    #2.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 9

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back