Excel table greying out and adjust slicer size

keinz

Hi everyone,

Looking to get some assistance on this problem I cannot seem to solve...

I cleaned up a data dump into a Table so that I can apply a slicer to filter the data.

I am not using the Pivot table - as it cannot be adjusted to how I want the data to be viewed.

Anyways... for this table I have 2 slicers that I want to filter two types of data

1. Date
2. Department

The sheet has around 3000 rows and the slicer is roughly about 20 row tall and 3 rows wide.
Whenever I filter the data with the slicer and there are less rows than 20, it will resize the slicer.

In the event there are only 1 row of data - the slicer will then become unusable unless I manually resize it.
Whats weird is when the filters are applied, the bottom of the sheet is all greyed out - which is what I think is causing the slicer to resize?

I did format the slicer:
1. Disable resizing and moving (checked)
2. Don't move or size with cells (checked)
3. Locked (checked)

Yet it still happens...
I also tried protecting the worksheet, no change.

So my main question would be... how do I prevent the slicer from resizing?

Thank you in advance

Do you know if you have any event macros running ?
If you are not sure can you tell me if the file an xlsx file ? if not what is the file extension
it is a XLSM

there are macros enabled but for other sheets - not on the sheet im having issues with

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
With the sheet you are having issues as the activesheet. Go into the VBA editor.
In the Immediate Window (Ctrl+G if it is not visible).
Drop the below code into that window and hit enter.

VBA Code:
activesheet.rows.hidden = false

Upvote 0
With the sheet you are having issues as the activesheet. Go into the VBA editor.
In the Immediate Window (Ctrl+G if it is not visible).
Drop the below code into that window and hit enter.

VBA Code:
activesheet.rows.hidden = false
didn't work,

it worked initially until I used my slicers and then the bottom is greyed out again

Upvote 0
Right click on the sheet name and select view code.
If there is something there post it here.

Upvote 0
Odd. Delete what is there, it is not doing anything except slowing down your spreadsheet.
What about if you double click on ThisWorkbook on the left in VBA ? Is there anything in that code window ?

If that doesn't show anything is there any way can share that sheet in your workbook via dropbox, google drive or some other sharing platform ? (ie make it available to anyone with the link and post the link here)

Upvote 0
Odd. Delete what is there, it is not doing anything except slowing down your spreadsheet.
What about if you double click on ThisWorkbook on the left in VBA ? Is there anything in that code window ?

If that doesn't show anything is there any way can share that sheet in your workbook via dropbox, google drive or some other sharing platform ? (ie make it available to anyone with the link and post the link here)
deleted the portion

under "Thisworkbook" - same thing, nothing under general but under workbook - its here:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()

End Sub

Upvote 0
I am pretty sure what you saw under Worksheet and now under ThisWorkbook is being created when you use the drop down box switching it from general to worksheet or in this case thisworkbook.
Just delete that again.

I take it that on the problem sheet ctrl+down arrow is even after the unhide, now back to only showing 3668 rows.

Do you think you can share you workbook with us so we can try to figure out what is going on ?

I have to go out soon but if you do manage to share the workbook I will have a look later.
PS: What time zone are you in ? (I am in Australia)

One other thing to check is if you have any add-ins running.

Upvote 0
I am pretty sure what you saw under Worksheet and now under ThisWorkbook is being created when you use the drop down box switching it from general to worksheet or in this case thisworkbook.
Just delete that again.

I take it that on the problem sheet ctrl+down arrow is even after the unhide is back to only showing 3668 rows.

Do you think you can share you workbook with us so we can try to figure out what is going on ?

I have to go out soon but if you do manage to share the workbook I will have a look later.
PS: What time zone are you in ? (I am in Australia)
time zone is +8 PST,

unfortunately - cannot share the worksheet, i cant even move it out to my own local pc

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hagia_sofia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back