Excel VBA message box for multi-user updates

Jothom

Hi,

I have a shared workbook with the option of autosave and update set to every 5 minutes.

I would like that after an auto update and save if a user modified a specific cell a message box will appear.

I have already tried Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) and Worksheet_Calculate() with no succes since the cell is changed by another user and updated on screen on the other users open workbooks.

The modified cell appears with a hightlight and is very neet but I would also like a message box to appear.

Thank you

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Pate in the Sheet level module :

Code:
Option Explicit

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Not Intersect(Target, Target.Worksheet.Range("[B][COLOR=#ff0000]C4[/COLOR][/B]")) Is Nothing Then   [B][COLOR=#ff0000]'<-- change cell reference as required.[/COLOR][/B]
      MsgBox "Hey .. someone changed me ! "
    End If
End Sub

Upvote 0
Thank you. This code only works on the workbook open were the changes are made. The other users that have the same workbook open do not have the message box appear when the workbook updates or when they save the workbook to show the changes made by other users.

I have also tried the workbook beforesave and aftersave but when you set a shared workbook to update and save (see code) on it's own, the before and after save codes are useless. These are the two codes i'm talking about :
Code:
Application.ActiveWorkbook.AutoUpdateFrequency = 5
        Application.ActiveWorkbook.AutoUpdateSaveChanges = True

Upvote 0
If it is not possible is there a way to make appear a message box from one user to another on the same shared workbook. A macro that can be inserted in a button or something like that.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jahmia0616

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back