Excel Wizards please help - Averages/Div/0

raorcutt

Ok,
so attached is a brief screen shot of what I'm working on. Essentially I'm trying to build a log / grading sheet for designers. essentially we have 17 "KPIs" or Key Performance Indicators we work on. They are typical grading for what you think designers would be graded on. They are also weighted so - While they get graded on 4 key areas - Quality, Process, Delivery, Satisfaction, Quality is more important than Process and satisfaction is more important than delivery etc.

The Scale -
[blank] = does not apply - these are for instances where the marketing coordinator (who doesn't use the design grades) is participating in a project that only SOME of the grades will apply. For those I'd like to leave OUT the score entirely thus not effecting the average.
0 = Fail
1 = Pass
2 = exceeds

What I need it to basically say (although I don't know how to write it) is - IF cells E9:G9 contain ANY numbers then average them, if they are all blanks then leave the AVERAGE cell BLANK (not DIV0 - because I need that cell OMITTED from the average calculation later like =average does.) basically my problem is that I'm getting DIV/O when I need a blank

This is what the sheet looks like -

So the issue is that I'll have 6 of these that are identical (one for each employee) that travel horizontally

I also need to have a monthly average at the bottom of this sheet for each person (it got cut off), and then as you can see, vertically down the left side each month with be added below the previous.

In the top portion I have a cell for the running average for each person.

ANYWAY, all of that stuff I have figured out, the main issue is the DIV/0 is breaking everything.

please help :) I'd greatly appreciate it.

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Welcome to the board.

=iferror(average(e9:g9), "")

Upvote 0
Welcome to the board.

=iferror(average(e9:g9), "")

oh my that is amazing!!! THANK YOU!
ok so now my issue is that my "weighted" column has zeros still in the empty spaces which is going to throw off my =AVERAGE at the bottom - any idea how I can get rid of that?

the current formula is =SUM(H9)/(100%-'Bonus Factors - PULL ALL MATH'!D98)

which also may not be the best, I'm trying to weight the "Quality" section by a 30% margin thus a 1 score average becomes 1.429

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davinroach

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back