Export to Notepad

zsgray86

Sorry if this is a repeat, but I'm brand new to VBA, and after looking through the forums, I couldn't figure out what parts of which codes I would need to get this to work like I'm hoping.

So essentially what I have is a workbook with 12 sheets. Sheets 1 and 2 have user input data which is reflected in sheets 3 - 12. Sheets 3 - 12 have info in column A ranging from roughly 80 to 1080 rows, which I want to be the body of individual text files. In cell B1 on each page, I have what the name of the text file should be, without the ".txt", which I could add if needed. And in cell B2 on each page, I have a total of the actual number of rows that need copied from column A (leftover from an early attempt, can be removed if unnecessary). I'm hoping to make a button on sheet 1, so that once the user inputs the information on sheets 1 and 2, they hit the button, and 10 .txt files are created, named after cell B1 on each of the 10 sheets, and containing the information from column A on each of the 10 seets. Each row in column A should be a new line in the text document, also.

On a side note, what do you all recommend as a good starting point for learning about making macro's, such as this, using VBA? I haven't even been able to grasp all of the...well..."language" used in it, if that tells anyone how foreign this is for me.

Thanks,

Scott

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
againofsoul

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back