extract all numeric values in sheet starting with ...

BarrieB

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I'm currently having such a big backlog at work after a covid outbreak on our department and the pile keeps on increasing and increasing, despite already working 10 hours per day on average. There are so many manual acations required before an invoice can be processed, that I can't catch up with the workload and basically spend the majority of the day preventing suppliers from blocking deliveries to us.

Have made a few very simple macros in the past, but they were the most basic ones like clearing all content from the active worksheet.

What I need the macro to do is:

Find and copy all numeric values in active worksheet that begin with:

Find and copy all words in active worksheet that begin with:
- KT
- WN
- TL

And paste them all into a new worksheet, listed in a separate column for each.

The data in those sheets will come from converted PDF files, so the layout will differ for each supplier, the cells can also contain other text and can be in merged cells as well.
I've attached an example of an invoice and marked the numbers that are to be extracted yellow.

Attachments

• Extract references from file automatically.png
    Extract references from file automatically.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 17
  • output.png
    output.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 15

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

You may notice that your thread title and your post have changed. To see why, review the Forum Rules but particularly #5.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

You may notice that your thread title and your post have changed. To see why, review the Forum Rules but particularly #5.

That's been the problem I've been having everywhere... I've explained the situation and haven't found anyone willing to help, because I don't have the time to spend a lot of time on it myself.

Have been looking for over a month now and within that time my backlog has increased by 1/4, with a total of over 2000 outstanding invoices now.. That's why I want to offer compensation for anyone who can help me sort this out, so I can drastically reduce the time needed to process the invoices and finally start catching up again i.o. the other way around

Upvote 0
Why not get a consultant to do it for you? You can find some here

Upvote 0
Solution
... haven't found anyone willing to help, ..
Not sure if you actually read the rule I pointed you to, as it has a link in it for somewhere where you could get paid help. ;)
Anyway, Fluff has reproduced it directly here now for you.

Upvote 0
Why not get a consultant to do it for you? You can find some here

Thanks for the help, I overlooked that part in the forum rules. Have messaged one of the consulatants

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back