Extracting and categorizing Data from 15 different workbooks

mkk1987Europe

Hi I’ve got quite a complex problem to solve and I’m not even sure if this can be resolved with VBA? Maybe some of you can look at it and give me some ideas. Unfortunately I’m not really familiar with programming I will however try to modify certain codes if necessary.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Any help will be appreciated!! Thanks in advanced!! <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I need to combine tables from 15 different excel workbooks. Every workbook contains 10 sheets and every sheet contains from 2 to 4 tables. In each 15 workbooks all 10 sheets have the same table row structure. The ammount of colums in tables can vary however in each workbook the number of columns in all tables throughout all 10 sheets is the same.
Lest assume that each of 15 workbooks represents one different country where the data comes from. <o:p></o:p>
Every table in each workbook represents certain products and information about a product (2 dimensions) rows=info columns = products. So each table in one workbook represent different info about the same products offered in one particular country. The info about products in each table is fixed throughout all 15 different documents. Therefore the row structure of different tables for each 15 workbooks always stays the same however the amount of columns differs depending on a country (lets say country A has 6 products and country B has 8 products therefore country A has 6 columns in every table throughout the workbookA and B has 8 columns in every table throughout the workbookB.) The structure of rows in all wakroboks stays the same. All the tables in all the workbooks start in the same cell in each workbook. <o:p></o:p>
Further on the products in all 15 countries can be subcategorized into 10 subcategories depending on a product code and name.<o:p></o:p>
Ideal solution of a problem:<o:p></o:p>
-Combining all the 15 different workbooks together into one workbook so that each one of 10 sheets contains 10 times its tables (reflecting all the 10 different categories). This allows you to compare similar products from one category but all different countries according to the same row structure and document structure. <o:p></o:p>
The new updates from all the 15 countries come in every 3 months so this needs to be a living tool that would update the new info from the new documents.

In the updates the number of columns in a certain country (so the number of products) might change this also needs to be taken into account. <o:p></o:p>
Has anyone any solution to this problem?? Any help would be much appreciated!!!!<o:p></o:p>
Thank you for your time!! <o:p></o:p>

(im using excel 2003)

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back