Filter column outside dynamic table range

JGR

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I use a dynamic table which absorbs data from a query regarding the name of sales agents, names and codes of (their) clients, and hours left from a pack. It can be updated to reflect the new amount of hours left, and I can filter by name of salesperson to show only their clients and the hours they still have.

Since I want to make this updating process periodically (once per week), I want to have the column with the updated hours, one with the hours of the last week pasted in values & numbers format, and another one with the substract, so the salesperson knows how many hours their clients have consumed. Like this:

1638437757089.png

Now, my problem is that I don't know how to filter the copied and substract columns accodring to the salesperson filter:

1638438154687.png

And when I put a filter on the head of the copied column, the filter by salesperson disappears and it becomes a filter by client code, which I'm not interested in:

1638438376585.png

Is there a way to correct it? Maybe I can group client codes into a 'filtering group' with the name of the salesperson?

Thanks a lot.

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catterz66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back