Filtering By Color

fallof89

I have a large spreadsheet with about 156k rows, that ive divided into rows of 10k. I only want the duplicate values. So, I've performed conditional formatting, and added a filter. Problem is, when trying to filter by color, excel indexes all values of 10k before allowing the drop down to appear to filter by color. This takes 5 minutes each time. Is there a short cut? I'm really trying to save time, and there are 16 spreadsheets now.

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Hi,

Are you open to a VBA solution?

If so, what are you trying to do, exactly? Are you trying to find duplicate rows or just duplicate keys in one column? When you have located the duplicates what do you want to do with them - remove them, copy them somewhere else, copy just one of the duplicate values somewhere, copy and remove the originals etc?

Alternatively, VBA would be able to replace, say, a COUNTIF() formula with the result in much less time then it would take to calculate the formulas.

Regards,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back