Finding Christmas Day

paulsolar

Office Version
  1. 365
Hi All

I've been on this all afternoon and have finally given up.

In column B I have dates and in column C I have the opening hours off the office.

I can figure out how to find the date of Christmas (25-Dec ) if I have the year to go with it, for example 25-Dec-2019. What I cant figure out is how to find the 25-December for every year in the date column.

What I'm attempting to do is loop through all the dates in column B and if it's Christmas day in corresponding cell in column C enter "Closed" There may already be information in column C that needs to be overwritten.

Without being able to do this I have to I cant automate an upload automatically to a website calendar.

Any help or ideas of a method of doing this would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Paul

Hi RLV

the formula works :)

i think mixing this with Marks code will work, i just need to figure out how to do it

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Hi RLV

the formula works :)

i think mixing this with Marks code will work, i just need to figure out how to do it

Are you saying my code with the formula already in it doesn't work?

Upvote 0
Hi Mark

if i put the formula =IF(AND(MONTH(B2-2)=12,DAY(B2-2)=25),"Yes","") in and copy it down it returns Yes in column D next the correct dates

Upvote 0
So how is the macro not working? what results are you getting? btw how is the formula by rlv01 working as it only finds Xmas day if it falls on a weekend as it should have an OR rather than an AND?

Upvote 0
if i put the formula =IF(AND(MONTH(B2-2)=12,DAY(B2-2)=25),"Yes","") in and copy it down it returns Yes in column D next the correct dates

Odd. If Col B contains dates, why would you subtract 2? Are you sure you are not confusing the RC[-2] row/col cell reference in Mark's code with some kind of math operation?

Upvote 0
I only copied rlv's formula down two years both of which had 25th on a weekday so i never noticed if it didnt work on a weekend.

with your sub, it runs fine no errors, but nothing changes for the 25th dec

Upvote 0
I only copied rlv's formula down two years both of which had 25th on a weekday so i never noticed if it didnt work on a weekend.

No it only works if Xmas day falls on a Weekend.

Please upload your workbook to www.box.com or www.dropbox.com, mark it for sharing and post the link it provides in the thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Odd. If Col B contains dates, why would you subtract 2? Are you sure you are not confusing the RC[-2] row/col cell reference in Mark's code with some kind of math operation?

you are correct i was confusing row column. it's been a long day

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wayneho98

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back