Fix a specific area on screen

akamaka

Hello Everyone,

so I want a specific area to be always visible on screen for the user of my spreadsheet. I am creating a macro driven Excel tool and have placed buttons and output cells in the top rows of the sheet.
This "menu" that I want to be visible and accessible at all times is placed on cells A1:M7. The data below this "menu" continues far to the right of the spreadsheet, so scrolling for datapoints somewhere along (for example) row AB leaves the "menu" to the left. Users make input data directly into the rows below the menu, so I cannot simply create a scrolling table.
I have tried the freezing panes functionality but I do not think it helps in my case, as I want the data to scroll below the menu. I have uploaded two screenshots for clarification to imgur.

[1]
p3UP1TU.jpg

[2] optimally, where the blue wave is now would be the buttons and cells of screenshot 1 at all times. So I only want to scroll the bottom part of the sheet.
r7ocRIp.jpg

I am really hoping that someone can point me to a simple excel setting that would solve my problem. I hope you can help me. Thank you very much in advance.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Excel won't allow you to do that. It is a grid; even when freezing panes, columns and rows will always move in sync.

Upvote 0
The solution to your situation is to have a modless userform that shows the data and buttons that you currently have in A1:M7

Upvote 0
thank you very much for your replies!
I will look into modless userforms, thank you very much!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoniJ

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back