Fix "Data may exist in the sheet(s)..." message when opening workbook

wicu17

I need help identifying the source of an alert I receive when opening a workbook(s).

The message "Data may exist in the sheet(s) selected for deletion. To permanently delete the data, press Delete" opens every time I open certain workbooks. I have been able to identify the "Sheet" in question is named "Summary." So every time I open a workbook that has a tab labeled "Summary" I get the message.

I am by no means a coding expert, but I assume there is something running in the background that has been altered to produce this message.

Any help or knowledge you can share on how I can fix this issue would be appreciated.

Not sure if this bit of information is helpful or not, but I didn't have this problem at my prior firm when using similar files with a "Summary" tab. And it seems to be consistent with other files my colleagues use that have a "Summary" tab.

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Open the VB Editor (ALT+F11) and on the left-hand side under "Project - VBA Project" find your workbook and double-click on the ThisWorkbook object. Is there any code written in the white window/space to the right?

Upvote 0
Under ThisWorkbook there isn't anything listed. But if I change the left drop down to "Workbook" vs "General" and scroll through the right drop down there is code depending on which option I choose.

Upvote 0
Ok then that is nothing... just the start of a sub routine that doesn't do anything. So, your problem lies elsewhere. I guess just upload the file to a sharing site and I can download it and look at it. Otherwise it's going to be hard to figure out what's wrong.

Upvote 0
Very weird - I started having this error message as well just a few months ago, but only when opening files on certain PCs on the network. My workbooks also had a tab named "Summary". When I changed the tab name to "Overview" instead, presto - problem solved! Don't ask why but it worked for me.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back