Fixing an old spreadsheet (Remove Password & Fix Compile Error Message)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maximobell

Board Regular
Hello,

I am trying to use an old spreadsheet that we used on an old job. It was made back in the early 2000s and now when I try to open it:

1. I get an error message "Compile error in hidden module: GlobalCode" whenever I try to perform any action.
2. I have long forgotten the password to unprotect the sheet and I also do not know the password to unlock any VBA potentials.

Context........ The sheet is a weekly programme for scheduling construction works. The VBA and macros allows it to recall data from other sheets and calculate using that data. It also allows for just clicking a cell to highlight it and it changes colour but also it is a value of time which the sheet uses elsewhere (so if two days have been highlighted then it will make calculations based on 2 days work"

I have attached a link to the spreadsheet, if anybody is able to take a look and tell me what is wrong or fix it for me it would be much appreciated.

I have tried online things to try and unlock password but i can not get any of them to work for various reasons.

Thanks
Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Hi,
I Had a look at your file & whilst would like to offer some assistance, your workbook / VBA project is protected & even though you may be the owner without you supplying the password(s), Forum rules prevent me from offering help that requires breaking workbook security.

Can I suggest that as this is a work file that you contact your IT people who most likely have the skills / tools necessary to help you?
Hope Helpful
Dave

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,
I Had a look at your file & whilst would like to offer some assistance, your workbook / VBA project is protected & even though you may be the owner without you supplying the password(s), Forum rules prevent me from offering help that requires breaking workbook security.

Can I suggest that as this is a work file that you contact your IT people who most likely have the skills / tools necessary to help you?
Hope Helpful
Dave

Sadly not. I no longer work with this employer.

I would say that this is just a template and there is no information on it. The security was in place o stop people pressing the wrong buttons or using the wrong cells.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khairianr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back