Force mandatory input into particular range when a specific cell in same row is filled

MannStewart

Hi,

can any VBA expert help me with a code just to force mandatory input into a particular range when a specific cell in same row is filled. Traditionally, I have used elsewhere, & tried again here - to use EXCEL's provided Data Validation - Custom Setting - Formula - to achieve this, but in this Worksheet because some of my input cells needed to be in Dropdown List form, so there is no place for me to put a Data Validation Custom Formula, and I could not use the Data Validation way to enforce it. I am no expert in VBA, and I tried scouring the internet / forum for a solution but I coudn't find any code even close.

My worksheet has 1000 rows, from A to BM. Only a range of cells (below) in each Row are to be filled by user, while the rest are functions. They are as follows:
There are 2 independent situations where I need the user to type data into the following cells when 1 cell is filled for a new row:

Section-I:
if the basic cell D (recorded date-1) in the most recent (new) row has been entered, i need the user to mandatorily ensure there is manual input into the cells C,F,G,I,L,M,Q,S,W,AL (some of these have a prepared NAMEs dropdown list, some need typing a value as input). Additionally (special), (ONLY) if user has selected the value "SELBY" from my dropdown list in cell C, then the user must compulsorily type a value into cell Y of that row.

Section-II:
if after entering the basic cell D (the date) in the most recent row above and all above cells are satisfactorily filled, AND the user also opts to make entry into section-II, into the optional cell BD (forecast date 2) on that same row, then user MUST mandatorily ensure input into the cells BE,BF,BM as well. If the user has no business with the optional cell BD, and it was not entered, then no entry is required of BE,BF,BM.

Hope someone can guide me with the VBA and where it should be written into.
A workable solution would be sincerely appreciated

Cheers
Stewart M.

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
I think that a good option would be the capture through a userform, there you can validate that all the data is completed, then pass the capture to the sheet.

Upvote 0
I think that a good option would be the capture through a userform, there you can validate that all the data is completed, then pass the capture to the sheet.
hi DanteAmor,
how exactly do you mean by that? I have no idea what a userform is as I've never used that before. Can you elaborate>

cheers
Stewart.

Upvote 0
I will gladly help you to elaborate all the code but you will have to learn how to create the userform.
Check out videos of "how to create a userform", it's simple, and don't worry about the code, I help you.

For example:

Upvote 0
hi DanteAmor

Can you send me a link to the attachment for your example, my browser is displaying a "Connection has timed-out" in the attachment window of your reply.

Upvote 0
It is a link to YouTube, you can search videos on yutube to learn.
When you have an advance in your userform, I help you with the code.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back