Forms Question regarding combo boxes.

Hi,

I am currently looking at improving a form that i have created which has the purpose of entering stock orders into a table so that they can be stored and then used to actually send off to suppliers. The fields that are filled in manually are, Product ID, Product description, Price, quantity, carrier name and carrier ID. What i am looking to do is to change the Product ID field and the Carrier ID field to combo boxes so they can be quickly chosen. However, i would like the other fields such as price, description and carrier name to be filled in automatically depending on what ID is entered. Is there a way possible to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Heyyouyesyounonotyouyou

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
If the related fields are in a subform they should fill automatically based on the parent-child relationship. Otherwise, you can also use DLookup() formulas to find the related information (or script them to populate with VBA if you prefer).
ξ

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back