Formula to return unique values based on 4 criteria

thomasuponor

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everybody,

I want to count unique value with following formula, which usually works, but does not for this task. The extra add on is Data'!$AA:$AA;"*Dahl*" (I believe this is the reason it's not working)

Code:
=SUM(--(FREQUENCY(IF(('Visit Data'!$AD:$AD="Distributor")*(ISNUMBER(SEARCH('Visit Data'!$AG:$AG;"Visit")))*(ISNUMBER(SEARCH('Visit Data'!$V:$V;"Kim")))*(ISNUMBER(SEARCH('Visit Data'!$AA:$AA;"*Dahl*")));MATCH('Visit Data'!$AA:$AA;'Visit Data'!$AA:$AA;0));ROW('Visit Data'!$AA:$AA)-ROW('Visit Data'!$AA$3)+1)>0))

Anyone able to provide help here?
Thx

Here another option. In this type of array formulas I recommend not using the entire column, delimit the range of cells.

=SUMPRODUCT(--('Visit Data'!$AD$2:$AD$13="Distributor"),
--(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Visit",'Visit Data'!$AG$2:$AG$13))),
--(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("kim",'Visit Data'!$V$2:$V$13))),
--(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("dahl",'Visit Data'!$AA$2:$AA$13))),
--(MATCH('Visit Data'!$AA$2:$AA$13,'Visit Data'!$AA$2:$AA$13,0)=ROW('Visit Data'!$AD$2:$AD$13)-1))

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
correction:

=SUM(--(FREQUENCY(IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Visit";'Visit Data'!$AG:$AG)*SEARCH("Kim";'Visit Data'!$V:$V)*SEARCH("Dahl";'Visit Data'!$AA:$AA)/('Visit Data'!$AD:$AD="Distributor"));MATCH('Visit Data'!$AA:$AA;'Visit Data'!$AA:$AA;0));ROW('Visit Data'!$AA:$AA))>0))
confirmed with CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER
This totally works (Y)

Upvote 0
It looks like what @DonkeyOte posted works fine. I still don't understand why the non-array formula I suggested won't work, unless the commas were left unchanged. It also appears that you want only instances where column AD contains "Distributor" rather than that string found anywhere, so a revised version would be:
=COUNTIFS('Visit Data'!$AD:$AD;"Distributor";'Visit Data'!$AG:$AG;"*Visit*";'Visit Data'!$V:$V;"*Kim*";'Visit Data'!$AA:$AA;"*Dahl*")
Again, the countifs does not create a result of unique values. If your conditions are multiple times on the list then it will count them each time

Upvote 0
Hi @DonkeyOte and @thomasuponor, thanks for the explanations. Sorry, but I completely missed the uniqueness requirement applied to column AA. I'm glad you got it working.

Upvote 0
correction:

=SUM(--(FREQUENCY(IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("Visit";'Visit Data'!$AG:$AG)*SEARCH("Kim";'Visit Data'!$V:$V)*SEARCH("Dahl";'Visit Data'!$AA:$AA)/('Visit Data'!$AD:$AD="Distributor"));MATCH('Visit Data'!$AA:$AA;'Visit Data'!$AA:$AA;0));ROW('Visit Data'!$AA:$AA))>0))
confirmed with CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER
Hi Donkey ote,
Why is that semi colon? And why visit Data is repetitive when everything is in one tab?

Upvote 0
@Rahul1987,

Why is that semi colon? And why visit Data is repetitive when everything is in one tab?

Depending on the regional settings, a formula can use, as a separator, a comma or semicolon.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back