Formula to show a date based on a proximity score

halesowenmum

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all.

I have a document in which a score (1 to 5) is used to indicate a time period in which it is felt a risk would be likely to occur. Closer that risk is to actually happening, the higher the score. The scoring is as follows and is entered manually by the user:

5 is within a month, 4 within two months, 3 withinthree months, 2 within six months, 1 is over 6 months

As I was working on this document I was thinking that firstly, it would be good if the date on which that three months or six months falls, was generated using a formula, instead of it being manually typed in. I could then use CF to make the most imminent ones at any time, be well highlighted for users to see.

If the proximity score was altered (say the team had worked to extend a deadline and so now the proximity isn't 4, it's 2) then the date would recalculate when that score was adjusted. I think that could be done with a formula and CF combo?

So as part 2 of this question, what would be the best thing, based on the formula suggested for in the spreadsheet, to put into the CF to get different colours and fonts of my choice based on whichever score is picked - I need to know whether to use a formula-based CF or another way, so that I can select different colours and fonts for each score that will apply based on the proximity date.

Thank you very much indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is working absolutely brilliantly - this will really help pick out the risks that need priority review so they can be focused on first.

Signing off with thanks, one very happy PMO Manager.
You're welcome. Thanks for the enthusiastic follow-up. :)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lee_ray

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back