Formula with ranges: Need help with Countifs formula

christine007

Hello,
I have a spreadsheet that keeps stats for case workers caseload and I am running into issues counting cases that were opened prior to 2015 and were still open as of 1/1/15. I have names ranges for all my cell references, which I have many of. I have ranges for region, agency, assigned worker, case opened, case closed, closure reason to name a few. I have formulas that are working for all other areas in my spreadsheet, but this one just not coming to me. Please help me...

I need all cases in the SM region that are a GR agency, that were opened prior to 1/1/15(C1) and closed after 1/1/15.

Here is the formulas I've tried, but are not working because they want to count closure dates after 1/1/15:
=COUNTIFS(Region,"SM",Agency,"GR",Case_Opened,"<"&C$1,Closure_Date,"")
=COUNTIFS(SW,"SM1",Agency,"GR",Case_Opened,"<"&C$1,Closure_Date,"<"&C$1)
=COUNTIFS(SW,"SM1",Agency,"CW",Case_Opened,"<"&C$1,Closure_Date,"<=1/1/2015")

I hope that is enough information to allow users to help me. I am desperate because my manager needs the data yesterday.

I appreciate any help.

Thank you!

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Hello,
I have a spreadsheet that keeps stats for case workers caseload and I am running into issues counting cases that were opened prior to 2015 and were still open as of 1/1/15. I have names ranges for all my cell references, which I have many of. I have ranges for region, agency, assigned worker, case opened, case closed, closure reason to name a few. I have formulas that are working for all other areas in my spreadsheet, but this one just not coming to me. Please help me...

I need all cases in the SM region that are a GR agency, that were opened prior to 1/1/15(C1) and closed after 1/1/15.

Here is the formulas I've tried, but are not working because they want to count closure dates after 1/1/15:
=COUNTIFS(Region,"SM",Agency,"GR",Case_Opened,"<"&C$1,Closure_Date,"")
=COUNTIFS(SW,"SM1",Agency,"GR",Case_Opened,"<"&C$1,Closure_Date,"<"&C$1)
=COUNTIFS(SW,"SM1",Agency,"CW",Case_Opened,"<"&C$1,Closure_Date,"<=1/1/2015")

I hope that is enough information to allow users to help me. I am desperate because my manager needs the data yesterday.

I appreciate any help.

Thank you!

On the last formula you posted, the "<=" at the end should be ">=". Whether the rest of it would have worked, I'm not sure. Try something like
Code:
=COUNTIFS(Region,"SM", Agency,"GR", Case_Opened, "<2015-01-01", Closure_Date, ">=2015-01-01")

Make sure all your named regions are of the same dimensions (some number of rows by one column, I assume). You can probably use any date format you want (try 01/01/15 if you want). If you need to also find cases that are not closed, replace ">=2015-01-01" with "".

Hope that helps,

Will

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back