Formula's for loan with no term but with interest

wolfmtns

I am trying to create a spread sheet that will calculate the balance of a loan that does not require a minimum payment or even a payment for any certain amount of time, but will still add interest to the loan on a monthly bases. So to put it simple I have loaned someone $2843.87 they have no time period upon when it has to be paid off or have a minimum payment per month, but I want to still add the interest of 16.9% APR a month even if no payment is made. But I want to have the ability to enter the payment manually when they do make a payment and the new balance to reflect what the balance is. This way if they make a payment of $20 one week and $50 two weeks later, then they don't make a payment for 2 months the new balance will still reflect that Interest was added when they made a payment and when they did not make a payment.

Can anyone give me a detailed formula per cell that I would need to use to make this work.

If so I would be so Very :LOL: and grateful for your help

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgro123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back