Fuzzy Lookup add-in VBA

MattehWoo

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I'm in need of some advice and help!

I use the Fuzzy lookup add on in Excel and i was wondering if there was a way to code what i do into VBA so i can just click a button rather than go through the set up each time?

I wouldn't know where to even start in coding this in VBA. I've tried recording a macro to see what populates in VBA whilst setting up the Fuzzy Match but get nothing. My original thought was surely once i have set up the match and click run it should have populated something?

In a nut shell, i have a big main table and separate smaller table that changes. I use FM To join on a column between each table and pull back a maximum 10 matches with a match of over 70%. It then pulls back 6 or 7 columns from the changing data and the same 6 or 7 columns from the main data table where it thinks there may be a match.

For example, I join a column with 'titles' in. If the smaller table has a title 'ABC' and in the main table there are rows with 'ABC','ABC 1' etc, it will bring both those matches back with the relevant columns for say account, names etc that i had chosen it to do so.

The idea here being that everything in New Data brings back everything from All Data that has a match on the Title, so in this example there would be 2 rows for each row in the New Data table as it has found 2 potential matches for each row in the Main Data table.

Very straight forward to use with the Fuzzy Lookup add-on in excel but i really want to create a VBA button to do it automatically without the need for user input as it will be used by people unfamiliar with FM etc etc.

Any help would be massive. Surely when i click the add-on and set it up and press 'Go' it does something in the background with VBA? I just can't find it.

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Hi,
Unfortunately, the Fuzzy lookup Add-in does not provide a VBA interface.
It is not VBA Add-in, it's COM Add-in written on C#.

Upvote 0
Ah this is disappointing.

Is there anyway i could replicate it to bring back the top 10 matching rows from the main data table?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back