Generate a News Feed with Excel

iamonsite

I'm interested in using Excel to create a news feed of a vehicle inventory. I've researched many possible solutions including this one http://www.automateexcel.com/2004/12/15/create_an_rss_feed_with_excel/

However, I've not found one that validates and in particular I'd truly love to find a way to use Excel as a front end to Google Base. I'm sure this is possible, it seems you'd just put XML open and close tags in columns with your data in the middle. I'm not the best when it comes to re-inventing the wheel, so certainly someone has done this before and perhaps I only need slight modifications.

The RSS feed by itself would let me position my inventory on other sites by entering it on only one place. The Google Base feed would give me additional search hits and a better method when it comes to how I want the output displayed.
Any Takers?

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back