Go from Detailed Property List to Individual Property Summary

iwag610

If I currently have detailed property list that shows address, square footage, location, and other details, how can I extract the data from each property into its own singular property info? I have used index with match to do so but I was wondering if there was a better way. Any tips? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Hi, welcome to the board.

To me, your request seems far too vague for anyone to answer it fully.

If index / match is working for you on some level, is there something beyond that that you would like it to do?
If yes, what exactly ?

Might help if you post a very small sample of your data - say for 3 or 4 data records (make up the data if you don't want to post real data) and then describe exactly what you want to do with this data.

Upvote 0
Apologies for being too vague, I will try to clear things up.

Index/Match is working for me but I was wondering if there was a better way for me to be doing things.

Let me try to illustrate the data I am working with. It is a list of properties with specific information that ties to each property (address, district, zip, square footage, etc). There are 16 different types of information and the list in excel stretches very far to the right which makes it unsuitable for a presentation. I am trying to make a single summary for each property within a smaller 8x8 box size that I can put into a presentation that is easier to read.

Currently I have each property numbered 1-12 and I am using index and match to pull that property information based on property # and its corresponding information (address, district, zip, square footage, etc). I am using data validation pull down menu to choose the property number and the rest just populates. I am then copying and pasting the data as an image into a word file.

I will be doing a lot more of this in the future for work and I am curious if there is a more efficient way to be extracting and organizing the data within excel.

Upvote 0
Hmm.

For the basic Excel part, it seems to me that what you are doing is OK, and I'm not clear about how exactly you want to improve it.

If you are bringing the data into Word, you could consider setting up a mail merge in Word, which could generate a single sheet for each property, based on the data in your Excel spreadsheet.
I'm not an expert on this, but if you go into Word, try the help functions, and I think some versions of Word have a wizard which can help you set up the mail merge.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Gotcha, I was not sure if there was an easier/faster that I could be doing things.

I will look into the mail merge function. Thanks for your help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leobueno

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back