Goolge Maps Data

buttonhole

Hello there,

This might be a really dumb question, if it is, just tell me it is!

As part of my job, I have to get the time and distance between two post codes and with over 200 to do, it's bit of laborious process!

I used to literally copy and paste every post code into Google, I've improved on this slightly with concatenate... i.e..

So I've gone from copying and pasting two post codes, to copy and pasting one web address (yay!)

Is there ANY way I could make this process more automated? I'm a basic macro user, I've seen stuff about google about APIs which go over my head... there are probably people out there who could make it fantastic but charge me money for. I was just hopeful there would be something I could do to make this processes easier?

...or is this something I should pay 'professionals' to do?

Thank you!

Norie

Does it need to be Google?

If it does then you would need to sign up for an API key to do this.

buttonhole

No, it doesn't have to be Google. Any similar site that could give mileage and the time it takes to get from post code A to post code B would be fab.

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Importing multiple excel files into one spreadsheet
    Hi, I'm trying to import multiple excel files (with the same format into a single spreadsheet) so that each day's file is listed underneath the...
  • find many based on a certain criteria
    good evening, I hope someone can help me? I have a workbook sheet 2 contains lots of data.... I would like to be able to find anything on sheet...
  • How to copy multiple rows using If
    Hi all, I'm very new to VBA and have written this simple code to copy certain cells if a certain cell within that row contains any data. I need...
  • VBA If statement
    Dear All, I have two dates, where I'd like a message box to pop, if the dates are between this criteria. [CODE] sDate1 = #10/1/2019#...
  • Text Format
    I have a sheet for user to keyin the data. The format of the data can be 451 / 1903, 0012 / 9908 or 00287 / 0099. The number after the "/" is...
  • Macro to copy values across rows and transposing them and add the user id
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Hi,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New...