Grab Employee names based on schedule

cg4life09

Hey Everyone,

I have a rather large and probably complex sheet I am working on. It is(or will be) comprised of weekly schedule with a row for each hour of the day and column for each day. This will be a 24/7 schedule. The plan is for the schedule to automatically populate the names of by employee who into every cell(hour) that they are working throughout the week. To the side of the schedule is a list of the employees names, their start and end times and the days that they work. The idea behind this is that I can select the start and end times for each employee as well as the days of the week they work. Based on that information, it will populate the week and hours within each day with the employees names, separated by a "/". I know this may be hard to explain so I will attach the spreadsheet so you can get a full view of how everything is put together.

Link to spreadsheet: https://1drv.ms/x/s!At5thfaIZBTcgctfHJgvPUwuYZ4f5g
Please open in Excel, not Excel online. Otherwise, ActiveX controls wont work .

Example:

ABCD
1TimeSundayMondayTuesday
27:00 AMEmp 1Emp 1Emp 1
38:00 AMEmp 1/Emp 2Emp 1/Emp 2/Emp 3Emp 1/Emp3
49:10 AMEmp 2Emp 2/Emp 3Emp 3
510:00 AMEmp 2Emp 2/Emp 3Emp3

<tbody>
</tbody>

I have the list of names and times completed. The thing that is tripping me up is the formula or array that I would put into the weekly schedule that would pull the names. At one point I though I had a formula that would work but it was about 12 IF nested statements with AND statements gallor, which only gave me about half of the day's worth of names. I have left a number of the cells with the original formula I created so you can see what I tried doing(its embarrassing). Since the department I am creating this for is a 24/7 department, the biggest stumbling block I had was getting the early hours of the day to reflect schedules that would roll over into the next day.

Any help on how to approach a formula or array that would populate the schedule would be super helpful.

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back