Graphing

mchel_27

Board Regular
I am working on a project, and was wondering if there is a quicker/better/easier way to do it than what I have been doing.

I have two sets of data - one for 2009 and one for 2010 - broken out by department (there are about 100 different departments with which I am working). The data sets contain two main things: department number and evaluation score for each employee in that department.

So, I have, for each of the two years (in two separate lists), something that looks like this:

Dept # Eval Score
1234 1.22
1234 1.22
1234 1.25
2345 1.19
2345 1.29
5678 1.00
5678 1.00

I am trying to make a scatterplot for each department that plots out each of the employee eval scores and the frequency of each one. I have done this before several times for a single year and for much larger units than department by creating a pivot table and getting the count for each score, then making a scattergram off of that. That has worked out thus far.

Now, not only am I trying to do approximately 3 times more graphs than normal, I am also trying to merge the two years together into one graph. I am not sure first of all how to merge the data so that I can get a count, by year by score, by department of each evaluation score. If I can get this, I can create the graphs I think.

Another thing - is there a way to make something of a default graph or a custom graph, with all of the settings already in place? I want it to automatically be set at a certain scale on the x axis and have the marker points be a certain size. Is there a way to do this so that I do not have to go into each individual one and make the changes?

Any suggestions on this would be very much appreciated! I am stumped!

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
I am going to bump this one more time. Any suggestions to even get me started would be extremely helpful - my mind is blank on this one.

Thanks!! :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeremy_bp001

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back