Grouping Challenge!

TK9432

Hello All,

I'm new here, so please forgive my naivety. I've watched dozens of videos in an effort to resolve my issue, with no luck. So, I'm reaching out to the experts.

Issue: I work for a printing company. We want to group art across the paper based on label quantities in the most efficient way possible. See image as an example of what I want to do, in one way or another. There's very little going on in Excel with this image; it's mostly to display what I'm looking for. In this example, I have 16 art numbers, with varying label quantities. I need to group them in groups of 3 (this will change with every order, label size depending) based on the run quantities. Three is the number of cavities/pieces of art that will fit across the paper/web. In the first group, I have 900, 1500, 1500. I need to subtract each number from the highest in the grouping to find out how many bad/scrap labels will be within that run. In the first grouping, 600 labels will be bad/scrap. I need to do that with every possible group and then group based on the minimum (overall) scrap value. There will almost always be a remainder of 1 or more art numbers that won't fit into a group. For this example, the remainder qty of 20000 will be dispersed between 3 lanes (6,667/lane). First, I want to nail down the grouping. I'll work on the remainders later.

I will be hero of the day for my Company if I can get this figured out! I hope I've explained this well enough. If not, please let me know and I'll try to break it down another way.

Thank you,

Bryce

30jqsyg.png
[/IMG]

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHOJ

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back