Grouping in Power Query

TCSH

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I have data that comes in tab format. so have to summary the data with Value & Reference numbers by client. but with multiple transaction ID's and reference numbers im not able to arrange the summary the way my management want.

They need Client Name > Reference Number for Sales > Reference Number for MKT > Transaction ID > Sales Figures > Marketing Exp Figures ( all are in one row by Transaction ID )

Can somebody help me how to do this in Power query please. Sample file can be downloaded in below link, also below two images shows the PT arrangement and the required format ( ref to DLT 2 )

Really appreciate if you can help me on this.

Thanks..

Cheers.

Attachments

• DLT1.PNG
    DLT1.PNG
    41.5 KB · Views: 20
  • DLT2.PNG
    DLT2.PNG
    37.5 KB · Views: 19

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
If you want to share a file, you need to mark the file for sharing & then post the share link you are given to the thread. That way all members can access the file & offer help. Thanks

Upvote 0
Thanks for the advice. i have done it but not sure if anyone can download the file

Upvote 0
Hi All,

I have data that comes in tab format. so have to summary the data with Value & Reference numbers by client. but with multiple transaction ID's and reference numbers im not able to arrange the summary the way my management want.

They need Client Name > Reference Number for Sales > Reference Number for MKT > Transaction ID > Sales Figures > Marketing Exp Figures ( all are in one row by Transaction ID )

Can somebody help me how to do this in Power query please. Sample file can be downloaded in below link, also below two images shows the PT arrangement and the required format ( ref to DLT 2 )

Really appreciate if you can help me on this.

Thanks..

Cheers.
Please use this link to download the file

Upvote 0
The link is fine, thanks for that.
I know nothing about power query, but hopefully somebody else will help.

Upvote 0
In DLT2, how do you know which Sales reference number belongs to which Marketing reference number?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back