Help me with my wedding please.

wedding2015

I've spent probably 10 hrs trying to get this to work. I've been trying if then formulas but I cant get it to work.

I want to be able to put peoples names on the cards on the first page. The venue cuts those cards up to give to the waiters. I need to check whether the guest wants chicken fish beef or vegetarian. I have a column that list "Yes" or "No" for young adult at the end of each row. Young adult is a discounted rate so on the second page where it breaks down the tables further I have every thing summing up.

Soooo. The kids total and number of guests were easy because they were straight sums. The problem is totaling the others due to the fact that the cards are not separate columns for example chicken or young adult chicken are not separated out as they are on the next page.

I'm trying to figure out how to total the chicken in one column if young adult is clicked "No." I'm going to use the same function for the young adult chicken but when the first page's column is clicked "Yes" and so on for the other columns.

I'm not worried about having to enter the formula 30 times for each card set, I just want the formula to work. Thanks guys.

Screen Shots.

Imgur

Thanks,
Phil

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
have a look at the functions sumif and countif these shoud be able to handle the calculation you want

in order for us to help more we would need you to give us some idea of data layout (note some of us cannot access external sites see the link in my signature for how to post sample here)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SammMcCandless

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back