Help Need VBA Code to copy rows to a new worksheet based on criteria

goodeman

This may have been posted already but I could not find anything that fit my wish.

I need a macro that will search data from a range of cells in one column for multiple criterias and them copy the entire rows to a new worksheet.

Example I have a list of group names

Network
Telcom
Help Desk
BA
Network

I only want to choose all Network and Telcom rows copy to another worksheet.

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Hello and welcome to MrExcel.com

Are you only ever dealing with two criteria? If so copy this code to a new module and execute it with the data sheet activated / open. Change ranges to suite. Currently assumes data housed in column A and pastes it to Sheet2 starting at Range A1:

VBA Code:
Sub NewSheetData()

With Application
    .ScreenUpdating = False
    .EnableEvents = False
End With

Dim Rng As Range

Set Rng = Range([A1], Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))

On Error Resume Next
    With Rng
        .AutoFilter , field:=1, Criteria1:="network", Operator:=xlOr, Criteria2:="telcom"
        .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Copy Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")
        .AutoFilter
    End With
On Error GoTo 0

Application.EnableEvents = True

End Sub

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Hi Jon,
I think your code might help me solve my problem too.

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359730

My issue is that the Criteria is unknown until a selection is made from a Validation List.

I also have a second problem in that I need to have multiple selections specified by the user.
So using Goodemans example I could have 3 selections and the next time I might have 4.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. You can see from my post I tried, but made a total mess.

Thanks

Upvote 0
WOW! Thanks. I do usally do about 10. Is is posible to do more that two? Thanks! You made my day!

Upvote 0
Hi

Here's one way. Loops through an array of criterion. You could also use advanced filter but I quite like this method. I learned this method from PeterSSs and now I use it regularly.

VBA Code:
Sub NewSheetData()

With Application
    .ScreenUpdating = False
    .EnableEvents = False
End With

Dim Rng As Range, arCrits(), l As Long

arCrits = Array("network", "telcom") 'add more criteria to the array as required

For l = 0 To UBound(arCrits)
    On Error Resume Next
        With Rng
            .AutoFilter , field:=1, Criteria1:=arCrits(l)
            .Offset(1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Copy _
                Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
            .AutoFilter
        End With
    On Error GoTo 0
Next l

End Sub

Upvote 0
WOW! Thanks. I do usally do about 10. Is is posible to do more that two? Thanks! You made my day!
Which version of Excel are you using? You can do this in one go without looping in Excel 2007.

Upvote 0
Hi Jon,
What happens if you dont know the criteria before selecting:
Code:
arCrits = Array("network", "telcom") 'add more criteria to the array as required

Hi

Here's one way. Loops through an array of criterion. You could also use advanced filter but I quite like this method. I learned this method from PeterSSs and now I use it regularly.

<font face=Courier New><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> NewSheetData()<br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN> Application<br>****.ScreenUpdating = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">False</SPAN><br>****.EnableEvents = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">False</SPAN><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN><br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> Rng <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range, arCrits(), l <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN><br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> Rng = Range([A1], Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))<br>arCrits = Array("network", "telcom") <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'add more criteria to the array as required</SPAN><br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">For</SPAN> l = 0 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">To</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">UBound</SPAN>(arCrits)<br>****<SPAN style="color:#00007F">On</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Error</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Resume</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Next</SPAN><br>********<SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN> Rng<br>************.AutoFilter , field:=1, Criteria1:=arCrits(l)<br>************.Offset(1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Copy _<br>****************Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)<br>************.AutoFilter<br>********<SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN><br>****<SPAN style="color:#00007F">On</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Error</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">GoTo</SPAN> 0<br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Next</SPAN> l<br><br>Application.EnableEvents = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">True</SPAN><br><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN></FONT>

Upvote 0
Hello Philobr

Do you men that you don't want to "hard code" your criterion? That is, you want the ability to set it just before running the macro?

House a list of your criterion in a range and name it MyTable. Then this may help:

VBA Code:
Sub NewSheetData()

With Application
    .ScreenUpdating = False
    .EnableEvents = False
End With

Dim Rng As Range, rCell As Range

For Each rCell In Range("MyTable")
    On Error Resume Next
        With Rng
            .AutoFilter , field:=1, Criteria1:=rCell.Value
            .Offset(1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Copy _
                Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
            .AutoFilter
        End With
    On Error GoTo 0
Next rCell

End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdafasfasdf

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back