Help requested - Copy Paste, from one workbook to another workbook.

Dingoz2012

Board Regular
Mind blank.

I have two workbooks. Workbook 1 is the reporting workbook, has 2 sheets in it. Sheet1 is called Data, sheet2 is Count by Member (where I have all the graphs and results set out. Workbook 2 gets labelled with the date that it was created on. This workbook is where multiple workbooks data is consolidated.

I'm drawing a mind blank on how to proceed to open workbook2 , and then copy all the cells from sheet1 into Workbook 1 on the sheet named Data, when the user clicks on a shape which is assigned a macro in workbook 1

* So the managers don't have to open up the results workbook, select all, ctrl c, and then click in the main workbook and click ctrl v.

Any help greatly appreciated as always.

I don't understand as you said

Aye, just played around with it in a test.

The only thing I changed was to take Fname = Application.GetOpenFilename out

And it works perfectly. You guys are awesome.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Glad we could help & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0
Mystery solved. :) Sorry I forgot to mention. Workbook 2 is always saved as "Backup Date" & todays date & .xls, and has only one sheet in it "Sheet1" It opens with the code I have already, just was stuck on the copy and pasting the data from WBK2 "Sheet1" into WBK 1 "Data"

Thankyou Fluff, that helped a lot. Added in a clear sheet command, to wipe all the data. New stuff gets pasted in like a boss. :)

Only the one thing left to figure out....
What I had in mind was looking for the most recent date contained in the workbook name, but using the 'GetOpenFilename' method eliminates the need for that and that is what Fluff has provided for you. You can select the correct file from the dialog box that opens and be on your merry way.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJFabEngineering

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back