help required : how to retain previous cell value and showing new formula result

si3po

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Folks.Hoping somebody here can point me in the right direction or provide a little assistance with a little quandary I've now found myself with.I run a daily KPI sheet for various sections of my workplace and we have a rather large workbook (30+ sheets) that runs myriad of statistics for a weekly 'boardwalk' briefing. There is a main dashboard front page that shows the totals for all todays KPI stats which in turn links to individual sheets where the stats for that item are then broken down by their working groups. For each daily upload there are a number of raw data worksheets that get cleared and re-populated with new information from a data dump. The raw data worksheets are then used to calculate each working areas stats for the various KPIs, and the results output to a 'master' worksheet full of formulae that recalculates itself daily and displays the overall results on the main dashboard, and this same data split into working group on the individual KPI performance worksheets.So far, the system has been running well, however I've recently been asked to implement a 'history' cell beneath todays value on the individual KPI performance sheets so as to show the values from yesterday in order to gauge whether the numbers are falling/rising for each work area.The figures shown on the various KPI worksheets are drawn by a formula ("=Master!J98" for example) from the 'master' worksheet, and during each update these also will change.What I'm looking for is a means to be able to retain yesterdays values and put it into a cell below the actual value calculated from todays upload. In essence providing a very quick means of archiving the previous days figures - so Monday would archive Fridays figure to the history cell and insert Mondays figures as the new value, Tuesdays upload would archive Mondays values to the history cell and insert Tuesdays figures as the new value and so on.I'm sure this will involve a VBA solution, and to be quite honest I've absolutely no idea where to begin, so your help would be very much welcomed with wide open arms!

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back