Help with formula for comparing two matrices

mindset7

I need some help/suggestions with an analysis I am performing based on product serial numbers.
Background:
I have a spreadsheet of 500 or so serial numbers for one of our electronic products. The serial numbers cover 4-5 different model numbers. Each of these models contains 30-50 pieces of a certain component.
Units produced over a certain time period contained components from a supplier that has been determined to be provided sub par quality. Their component batches (defined by date) are traceable in our production process down to the circuit board position in each unit. So I have another matrix that lists all of the serial numbers with any components from this supplier and which board positions and batch they contain.
The complicated thing is that the second matrix repeats each serial number for every board position and batch.
Basically what I want to do is query the first list of serial numbers against the second matrix and have it spit out all matches.
So if serial number A is in the second matrix 20 times, I want to identify all 20 lines, if serial number B is listed 35 times, I want to identify all 35, an so on.
I am usually somewhat resourceful in figuring out a formula or method to analyze, but have been struggling with this one.
Appreciate any and all thoughts or suggestions on this and let me know if anything above needs clarification.

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SCleaveland

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back