Help with formula

mrdzyyyrawr

I'm looking for some help. I have some sales data from a report that i plan on running every day. So everyday more data will be added to the bottom of the existing data. I want to have a column on another workbook that will make a new list from certain columns within the data whilst ignoring any duplicates. For example, there are several entries with the same date so I'd like to have a column that auto-populates the date. I'm using a formula at the moment that has 2 problems.

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Lucida Grande'; color: #000000}span.s1 {color: #006107}span.s2 {color: #ab30d6}span.s3 {color: #a54a29}span.s4 {color: #0057d6}</style>=IFERROR(INDEX(Data!$A$2:$A$999999, MATCH(0,COUNTIF($B$2:B3, Data!$A$2:$A$999999), 0)),"")

1. It takes ages to calculate because there's so many rows of data.
2. At the bottom of my new list I get a 0 instead of just being blank.

2i92n1h.png

When i add the next day's report to the data I want it to automatically add the next date.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
1) try to replace the no of rows $A$999999 to the max no in your data. unless you're expecting around 1m rows of data

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The number of rows is variable so every day more will be added. Is there a way to get it to ignore any blank rows of data?

Upvote 0
to ignore blanks and speed it up you can try a dynamic range like this

Code:
=IFERROR(INDEX(INDIRECT("data!$A$2:$A$"&ROW(OFFSET(data!A1,COUNTA(data!A:A)-1,0))),MATCH(0,COUNTIF(data!$A$2:$A$11,"<"&data!$A$2:$A$11)-SUM(COUNTIF(data!$A$2:$A$11,"="&B$1:B1)),0)),"")

confirm with shift-control-enter

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Because every blank cell in the data is returned as 0 which always leaves a 0 in my new list. Is there something that can be added to the formula that ignores '0' and leaves is blank?

Upvote 0
could you post a small sample of your data here?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ykrcory

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back