Hijri Date to Gregorian ( vise-versa ) below Hijri Year 100

Please_H

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Dear Valued Members of Mr.Excel,

I hope everyone are safe with the Epidemic of Covid19.

I have a huge data set I need to convert as well as sort related to very old Date Info on Hijri,
Most dates are either below Hijri year 100 and around the year 100-200, I need aging to be done as well.
I would appreciate if i can find a Macro/ rooted to work like a function solution.

Can anyone help me to find a solution?

I need to change some dates from Gregorian to Hijri as well and those Hijri years go below 100 as well.

Stay safe everyone...

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
See if this thread helps, there appears to be a lengthy discussion there but I haven't read the thread in detail.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this helps >

I seem to recall that in the gregorian calender below a certain year it has to be done as text as excel has no idea about those dates

Upvote 0
See if this thread helps, there appears to be a lengthy discussion there but I haven't read the thread in detail.

I am using the office version 2019 and I am not sure why I am getting an error message as #VALUE!

My Gregorian dates goes as ;
ex : ( dd/mm/yyyy )
01/08/1791

My Hijri dates goes as ;
ex : ( dd/mm/yyyy )
01/08/100
01/08/77
01/08/89

Upvote 0
Not sure if this helps >

I seem to recall that in the gregorian calender below a certain year it has to be done as text as excel has no idea about those dates

I actually watched this video....
Didn't want to experiment and mess with the registers and stuff to see if it works...

Upvote 0
I came across an excel done by a user known as Hanseljose, even he had commented on the above thread posted by jasonb75, that excel is locked and the vb editor cannot be accessed. Plus it only calculates upto Hijri year 100 or above

Upvote 0
Not without seeing the workbook.

Try going back and reading the thread that I linked to again from the beginning, as far as I can see the vba was to fix some formatting issues identified around post 3 or 4.

If you can't get what you need from that thread then I suggest copying some of your dates (10 - 20) into a blank workbook (copy and paste to preserve original formatting, not retype), then enter what you want to see in the next column.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dalyb2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back