Hijri to Gregorian date conversion

adorlytanglao

On column F I have list of expiry dates of residence ID, and they are all in Hijri. I want to automatically have a conversion to be displayed on its adjacent cell on column G to Gregorian. I search this site for similar post and solution but most of them are for older version of Excel.

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Hi,

Try to format G1 in the Gregorian format you want; then write in cell G1 the formula in below:

Code:
=F1

Upvote 0
That was my first attempt on solving my issue, apparently it didn't worked that's why i went here. Basically it just copies the exact data coming from F1 to G1. I'm using this date format dd-mm-yyyy

Upvote 0
Below is how it is on my PC

FG
01/01/143625-10-2014
25/02/143528-12-2013
15/12/143509-10-2014
20/03/143611-01-2015

<tbody>
</tbody>

For column F I have used Um-AlQura calander [$-1970000]B2dd/mm/yyyy;@ format while for the column G I've used dd-mm-yyyy

By the way, what office version do you have...mine is Office 2010

Upvote 0
It worked. Thank you very much. I just encountered some error before i got there. You see, i already have the existing date displayed on Column F then i tried the solution but its just copying the exact text to the Column G. But for some weird reason i tried clicking double clicking each cell on column F for editing(but not editing it, just to display the cursor inside) then one by one the cell on Column G changes to its correct gregorian date.

Upvote 0
i did not get the format you pasted there how it works? i pasted it in the custom but didn't worked kindly help me out i'll wait for your reply @abuturab

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moudenourd

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back