How can I make a column of my data work properly

master.osgood

Hi Guys,

Within the document you will see three blue sections (classes) and then a multitude of other classes that are white.

This is the formula within Cell F4

=IF(NOT(ISNA(AA4)),AA4,INDEX(Termone!D$3:E$265, MATCH(D4, Termone!C$3:C$265, 0), MATCH(F$3, F$3:G$3, 0)))

There is a shadow sheet which is Term One results. Within this sheet are the students and classes where students have to resit classes when they get less than 40.

On the main sheet, the white area has the Term Three results and 'some' of the students have resat their exams.

If you play with the sheet you will see that when a new result is put in the term three column for that class, the term one cell is automatically updated and it turns white!

The problem is that I am only wanting students that have been mentioned on my shadow sheet to turn white when there is an update.. and instead I am getting students' cells turning white when they havent even attended term one..

I tried adding an (AND) statement to the formula to make sure they were on the shadow sheet too but it screwed up the whole formula.

SO I am turning to much more intelligent people for help :)

Thank you!

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back