How to carry on data to new sheet based on criteria?

jongar

Hello,

I'm stuck trying to figure out what is the best method to get the following done.

as an example, lets say I keep records of homework assignments in an excel sheet.

ABCDE
1NumberClassDate GivenDeadlineStatus
216Trig11/11/201511/20/2015Incomplete
37Bio11/22/201511/24/2015Completed
411Soc11/26/201511/29/2015Completed

<tbody>
</tbody>

Imagine that this is a very long list for the month of Nov. I could just keep adding records to this sheet and if I wanted to only see records for a specific week, I could just filter the results. What if I wanted to keep each week in a separate sheet BUT have the incomplete assignments carry over to the new sheet automatically?

I can only imagine how I want it to behave, I hope I can explain well enough. Here is what I need: Have the data automatically carry over, have it linked to the original source so that if I edit the source, and it goes from incomplete to completed, the data disappears from that new sheet. **A huge bonus would be if I can edit the data on the new sheet and have that update the source, in turn removing it from the new sheet, I don't imagine this is possible**. Now I have data from a previous week on my current week sheet, I want to be able to add data in the very next row. when one of the previous week's assignments disappears because it changed status, the data shifts up filling up the empty cell left behind.

is this possible at all or am I just dreaming?

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Is the info that will change coming from a another excel sheet? if not ,Try to put = in the cell that needs to changed Sheet1 ,then go to sheet 2 where the info is coming from and sheet1 should change every time you change sheet2.

Copan

Upvote 0
Sorry after you go to sheet2 and the info go want to go sheet1 hit enter. You will have to go cell by cell.

Copan

Upvote 0
gotcha, unfortunately it doesn't fit my needs. I need something more automatic. Anyone else has any suggestions?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingwi11y

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back