how can i move my data from 1 column to another

akash121

Board Regular
Hello,

I new in VBA
can anyone suggest me how can i move my data from 1 column to another.

My column name is processor(is 5th column in excel) data starting from 7th Row having name and number together like akash21, deepak43, ravi12, Naveen13, and so on till 1156 row how can i move "only numbers" from 5th column to create new column beside it having their respective number.

Thank you

Akash

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
My column name is processor(is 5th column in excel) data starting from 7th Row having name and number together like akash21, deepak43, ravi12, Naveen13, and so on till 1156 row how can i move "only numbers" from 5th column to create new column beside it having their respective number.
Are your numbers always 2 digits long (as you have shown in all of your examples)?

Upvote 0
Thanks Rick,
That works :)
but can we make some coding in VBA for that in case data is large ?
The formulas will be more efficient than VBA code would be; but if that is what you want, you will need to tell us how you want the code to function... do you want a macro that you must manually run in order to create the list or will you need the cells to be able to update in real time as values are entered into Column E (like a formula does)?

Upvote 0
i would like excel to update data as i enter values in column E.
Why not just use VBA to fill down Rick's formula as far as you like, or get the code itself to determine how far down if that's what you want ...
Code:
Sub numbers()

Range("F7").Resize(1000) = "=MID(E7,MIN(FIND({0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9},E7&""0123456789"")),9)"

End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TAKLAM

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back